The Egyptian Computer Society (ECS) is a member of the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP),
IFIP has 44 organizations as full members, 4 corresponding members and 11
as affiliate members, representing countries from all regions of the world. www.ifip.or.at
The ECS is the leading Computer society in the Arab World and Africa. Activities of the ECS include (but not limited to) the following:
- Development of basic and applied research in the fields of computing and computer applications.
- Organizing meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences in computer related areas.
- Computer education and training.
- Publication of computer journal and other scientific material specialized on computing and computer science.
- Promotion of centers for scientific computing and information systems.
- Promotion of activities for using and learning computer science in the various educational levels.
- Cooperation with leading international computing societies world wide.
The ECS journal welcomes original and significant contributions in the following areas:
- Computer Science
- Computational Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Systems
- Information Systems
- Information Networks
- Software Engineering
- Internet Computing
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- E-Learning and Education
- Soft Computing
- Information Technology
- e-Activities and Technologies(e-Government, e-Learning, e-Business, etc.)